Thursday, January 14, 2010
January 13, 2010
We are teaching Nando. I still have faith he will get baptized one day. We teach him at the train station because he is afraid to tell his devout catholic wife that he is searching for more truth. We gave him a Book of Mormon this week and he said he has started reading it. He listens to us, and we continue to teach him. Giussi is sooooo catholic. We don't really know what to do. We bring ex-catholic members with us and they tell us there is little hope, but she feels the spirit and things make sense to her. We are going back to Ortiga to see Roberta. I'm excited to see her again. Hialu, we gave him a Book of Mormon on Sunday and today he said he hadn't started to read, but he feels like he is in the same situation as Joseph Smith. He doesn't like that there are so many translations of the Bible and he is excited everytime we teach him. He is from Utopia. Sorella Morgan tells me this is a country, legit country. I think we misheard the guy and he is from Ethiopia but ha ha who knows, if there is such a land named Utopia, I would maybe like to live there!? Google it? Let me know if there is such a place. Paola is hot and cold. It is frustrating to be a missionary sometimes. She knows everything is true, reads the Book of Mormon but is going back and forth with her x boyfriend. We can't give "counsel" as missionaries, only teach the doctrine, and let people govern themselves. Sometimes I just want to knock some sense into people. We get told I don't even know how many times a day, that we all believe in the same God, and it doesn't matter what religion we are, we are all saved by Jesus Christ dying on the cross. We just need to be good people. It is so frustrating..At least 5 times a day. Not kidding. But I am grateful to have the restored gospel. I guess my Italian is coming along! Apparently I woke up Sorella Morgan the other night speaking full blown Italian in my sleep!! ha ha Then we were over with the Zombra family last night and I was helping their 13 year old daughter Martina with Spanish homework and it made me so depressed. I couldn't even remember how to read it. The pronunciation I had no clue. I couldn't do anything. Wow! This was pretty scary. I love you all I am glad we have prayer. We pray alot. We look around us a lot. We are aware. Men are just very aggressive to us all the time. We get followed and all sorts of things, but I know we are fine. Ciao Ciao Vi Voglio bene... Sorella Miller
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment