Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tribute to an American Hero Mark Forester


"Tribute to An American Hero-Mark Forester " Senior Airman Mark A. Forester

Thank you for forwarding the Tribute. I can't believe that Mark Forester died. I totally was crying in that tribute to him that you forwarded. He was a super nice guy. Oh my gosh I can't believe that he died!!!! He was such a cute guy. You just cannot ever take life for granted. Just the other day I was telling my companion that I had never really known anyone who has died. Wow. Please tell his family how sorry I am, and that I never even met him in person, but that I was super impressed with him in our limited capability to get to know each other. Wow.

That just made me cry. He was such a sweet guy. I cant believe it. All the pictures, CCT, the faces of children, the picture of his body coming home in the rain!

The "Fly Over" performed by the U.S. Airforce must have impacted many hearts at the Alabama vs. Florida game. I watched the video you forwarded at the end of the tribute "the lighter side of Mark" and it totally has me bawling. What a sweet person, a good good person who truly thinks of others. You just think things like that will never happen to good people. That is why this message of the Gospel is so important that we as missionaries are taking to the world!

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

Sorella Miller


Ciao Famiglia,

Well, this week has been difficult- We were supposed to have Tina Ragusa's Baptism and Angelo getting baptised this week, but both of them backed out. We had the lesson on tithing with Tina, and it went similar to the lesson on Tithing with Rosa, we had months ago in Siracusa. She basically freaked out. The Bishop came with us to that lesson, and she was throwing out lines like, "well The catholic church just passes around the donations basket, and why does this church ask you to give so much!?!?" But just imagine things like a million times more embarrassing to have the Bishop present for. Oh well. Pazienza, pazienza, mammamia. then Angelo, despite coming to two sessions of conference and loving it, he said he didn't feel ready for baptism. I am worried that the longer he waits, the harder it will be for him to eventually gather up enough courage to get baptised. He comes to church every week, and has countless spiritual experiences. He tells us all the time he knows its true, just incredible how Satan gets into your thoughts, and gives us fear, not faith.

Charlotte. We met two gorgeous Swede's the other day. They were beautiful and spoke perfect English. Atheist. The girl told us that most people there are Atheist. i told her my sister served as a missionary there like 12 years ago and loved it. She said she had never seen Missionaries there...It was cool.

The most exciting thing here is that the Bishop called us and told us that on October 23rd there will be the Groundbreaking of the Rome temple! Rumor has it that President Kelly would like to be able to send all the missionaries up to Rome to be there! How awesome is it that I have been in Italy to witness first hand this enormous growth of the church!! I have seen a branch turn to a ward, a District to a Stake, the calling of the first Bishop, the groundbreaking of a chapel in Ragusa, the calling of a Patriarch, the groundbreaking of a temple!!! Its amazing!!!!

Well. other than that, just trying to figure out how to help these people. Its like I have prayed and prayed for these people some of them for 5 months, and it is stressful sometimes feeling like you don't know how to help them. Being SO responsible, yet feeling so inadequate and clueless basically. I just know that this is the Lord's work, and all we can do is invite.

I hope you all are well, I will try to send some pictures home tomorrow. Never take life for granted. I love the gospel, and my Savior Jesus Christ.

MONICA

...Sorella Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment