Ciao Cara Famiglia,
Well, another week has gone by and it seems like everyone is busy there with their lives. This week was good.
We did a lot of finding this week because we don't really have very many investigators. AKA, the Mostra, and just straight proselyting, trying to find those elects. Just have to be patient. Most of the time it's just a test to see if we will follow the spiritual promptings we receive, even if nothing comes of it.
The Gravina family are basically our only investigators right now. but it was great to see them all in church on Sunday. The Mom and the daughter as of right now have bapismal dates for November 20th. Actually the husband who at first was just super sarcastic all the time and just "followed along to make my wife happy, but would NEVER get baptised" is slowly but surely really getting worked on by the spirit. We watched the Restoration film with a family in our ward, and they all shared their testimonies and he totally felt the spirit. it was pretty tender. He also said the prayer at the end of the lesson which just made me cry, I couldn't even help it. So humble. I love that family. Their daughter Aurora who is 9 is elect too. She takes notes on her feelings when she comes to church, and is going to be the future Julie B. Beck. Its great in those moments to sit in their home and look at that family who is the family I have been praying for my whole mission. Its every missionaries dream to baptize a family. We hope to launch a Baptismal date for him on Friday, pray it goes well! The best part was Sunday at church. Giacomo, the Dad, shows up to Sacrament meeting looking fresh in a suit and TIE. It was the biggest miracle I've ever seen. The Bishop told him he looked out from the stand and thought a general authority had dropped in for a little visit! It was sweet!
I am really more than ever coming to love the Book of Mormon. I'm sure I have said that like a billion times in the last 13 months, but I can honestly say that that book comes from God, and its written to help us in our toughest moments. I was Reading in 3 Ne. this week and felt the spirit so strongly in those chapters, especially 13-18. Wow I will say that The Book of Mormon really can be such a source of personal revelation for us, not only that, but comfort. I love that Book. I think in this difficult time for me I've found more peace and comfort through that than anything else and PRAYER. I have truly come to learn what it means to pray always.
Sometimes I wonder why it is so hard for people to recognize truth. I have probably told a million people in the last year, that this message helps us understand the purpose of life, know Jesus Christ better, and contains the answers to all of our questions, a BILLION times, but so many of those people are just so slow to remember, let alone think about God. It has been a good reminder for me as I reflect back on the experiences I have had on the mission, to just always be grateful, like President Monson always says. BE GRATEFUL.
Thank you so much for your support. I love you all so much.!!!!!
Con tanto affetto,
MONICA
...Sorella Miller

No comments:
Post a Comment