Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"I Am A Witness of Miracles"... April 28, 2010


Subject: I am a witness of miracles...


Ciao famiglia,

Yesterday we got back from a Zone Conference in Catania which involved all the Sicilian missionaries...probably around 60 of us. It was incredible. Presidente Taranto has a way of expressing things in a way that Prophets and apostles do. He is an amazing person. We all can have an individual relationship with the Savior. His Atonement is Infinite and Eternal. This week someone asked me "What about all the people who lived before the birth of Christ?" No, God the Father has a Plan that took all of that into consideration. ALL mankind are "covered" by His Atoning Sacrifice. It works backwards and forwards in time, and there is nothing that cannot be forgiven.

This week we had a really cool experience with Rosa. She told us that she wants to be baptized!!!!! This week we are going to try to do something with her whole family, so that her husband will allow her to go through with this decision. She wants the support of her husband and children. Understandable. She asks amazing questions, and The Lord truly has been preparing her to hear this message. We hope to be able to set a date with her this week, and I really pray that it will be before the end of the Transfer (May 23rd) although usually President is really nice about letting missionaries who are in SICILY, go back to a baptism of someone they had a significant role in finding or teaching. She also came to church!! She really really liked church, unfortunately her husband called her after the first hour, and needed the car, so she had to leave, but she is planning on coming again this Sunday. Investigators must come to church for 3 consecutive weeks before they can be baptized.

Things with Concitta are a little complicated. It still is hard to get her to church, despite her spiritual experiences she has had. She has received the answer of whether or not to be baptized, and she said she wants to be baptized. The lessons with her are always so strong. The only problem, is now she found a job up in the Calabria for the summer. SHe left yesterday to go up for a "prova" trial run at this job, so she may come back if it doesnt go well, and she may get sent anywhere up North...We may or may not be praying that the job DOESNT go well haha because it would make it easier for her to follow through with this step that is so vital for her to make.. .She cannot deny that we met her at a point in her life where she was without hope, extremely depressed, and feeling like there was no light for her future. I have literally seen a light come to her, and she is a different person with the gospel. Amazing.

We do whats called Mostra- every Friday and Sunday night. We have a big display we set up, something like what you might see at a Convention with a company or school promoting their business or school or something. WE have three huge signs, with pictures and questions on them about God, The Book of Mormon, and families. We set it up on the tiny corner of a huge major shopping street here in Siracusa. The city has given us strict guidelines of where we can set it up, and when. Friday and Sunday nights, from 7-9 pm. Its a method we use for finding. All four of us missionaries pick a corner around this "mostra" and then teach all that we can. WE give out pamphlets and Books of Mormon like candy. Its rad haha I love just stopping everyone. Some missionaries don't like mostra, I think its the coolest thing ever.

It takes the Holy Ghost to help us recognixe what the Lord has done for us each day of our lives. Sometimes if we do not consciously look for His hand, we miss out on many instances when He has intervened. The Lord shows kindness to each of us every single day. I am a witness of miracles. When I see the light of Christ come to someones remembrance as I bare my simple, yet solid testimony to them that God knows their name, and that he wants to hear from us. I know He lives. I know that each of us are engrained on his palms. I love my Savior and the comfort and peace of mind he gives me after I mess up, and repent and try to be better. Each day is a gift to try to be a little more like him. I love you all.

-Sorella Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment