Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I'estate e' gia arrivata! April 21, 2010


Subject: l'estate è gìa arrivata!


Ciao

Well, I have a testimony that Heavenly Father answers our prayers. I prayed and fasted so hard that this transition with a new companion would be smooth, and it could not be going better. I absolutely love Sorella White, she is amazing! I have so much to learn from her, and I am feeling like a wonderful servant of God having served with her for just a week. We started off the week last Wednesday night with a night dedicated to finding less actives. Its sad to see our ward list of 16 pages, and see how many are highlighted as Less actives. So we dedicated 3 hours to this one zone of the city, and went by 10 different houses. We knocked on this one door, "Marcello Blanco". It was probably one of the coolest experiences I've had on my mission. He immediately looked at us, and his eyes welled up with tears. He didn't say anything for about 15 seconds, until we finally asked if we could come in. We met he and his wife, he was baptised about 7 years ago, and shortly fell away from the church. he told us that that same day, he had had a thought about the church, and he knew he needed to do something. He had that little thought, and didnt know what to do, then he said, he heard a knock on the door. We talked about how the Lord loves us, and he always has open arms to take us back. We read Alma 36:3 together. We prayed together. After the prayer, he again was very emotional, and told us how long it had been since he had heard those words. The spirit was so strong, I can't even describe to you the feeling in that room, as he told us he couldn't deny that God had sent us to his house that day, to remind them of the love God has for us, even when we have gone astray. WE hope to start working with them weekly and getting them back in church.

We had an amazing lesson with Rosa yesterday. I truly know that God has those he has prepared for the gospel, Rosa being one of them. We did a lesson with Sorella Nudo again (the District Presidents wife) who is in our ward. She had done all of the lessons with Rosa with us, we have even done some lessons at Sorella Nudos house (the way it SHOULD ALWAYS BE DONE!!!) This lesson yesterday was on the Plan of Salvation. I have a testimony of the importance of the Holy Ghost. i read a talk this week by Elder Holland called "The Divine Companionship" that changed my life. I know that we can have a member of the Godhead present at all of our lessons, the ultimate testifier of truth. When we truly do all we can do to prepare, and love these people with our whole hearts, the Lord will testify to them the truth through the Holy Ghost. We invited Rosa to pray about Baptism, and she agreed. She has a testimony, and wants to be baptised!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!! She is just worried about what her husband and children will say, we are praying like crazy that her husband's heart will be soft, and he will give her permission. It is so cool, because sorella morgan and i found Rosa, and then we started teaching her from the beginning. She asks soul searching questions to us. She recognizes that she has been missing something her entire life, and never found it until now. I am so grateful to the Lord for all of the miracles that took place to leading us to Rosa. She searched for us for a long time before we found her. She even went to our church several times, but never found anyone there. Please pray for her, and her family that they will support her. hopefully by the next time I write you we wil have a baptismal date!

We also had an awesome lesson with Concitta the other day in which we extended another baptisimal invite to her. She told us she knows the Book of Mormon is true, and can see that her life is so much better since she started learning about God, and praying etc. She unfortunately found a job in which she will be moving up to the Calabria for the summer and leaves in one month. We asked her to get baptised before she left for the job, and she thought that was pushing it. We will have another lesson with her tonight. I know that satan is the ONLY one who would tell her that Postponing having the gift of the Holy Ghost would be the right thing to do. It takes Faith in The Lord to move forward, even when we don't completely understand His will. I know she will get baptized, she is incredible, I love her so much.

I know that the Gospel is true. I feel the Spirit testify to me every day when I bare my testimony. DC 8:2-3, DC9. My love for the

Italian people grows each day I am here. It has gotten easier and easier to love my mission, the longer I am out. I love the culture, I love the way of life, I love the language, I love the opportunity to share with God's children, the most important message they could ever hear. The gospel is truly what gives us JOY. The plan of our Heavenly FAther, is a perfect plan that truly gives us hope, and perspective in this life. I am grateful for your prayers. Vi voglio molto bene!

-Sorella Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment