Ciao Fam.
Well, life is good, and 'Im glad to hear that you got the pics.. good stuff. I Got my hair trimmed this week, it was much needed, a girl who just got back from her mission in our branch here in Ragusa cut it last Sunday after church. It is bloody hot here. It actually has been a really cool week here (I'm not complaining). People here are totally freaking out, because the weather this year is NOT NORMAL at all for the end of June... That doesn't mean people arent still at the beach. PS. Italian men toatlly DO infact wear speedos, and they are very Italian about it (meaning they are proud to just flaunt it around town, AWKWARD!!!!!!!!!! as a sis missionary, or in general i guess!!!)
Been a rough week. /Transfer...
Im very greateful to be a happy person. Im grateful to be emotionally healthy. I strive to just keep a good attitude. I've become a lot more like Dad since being on the mission. Just smile people!!!!!!! BE HAPPY. .
We had our last zone conf with the Torantos on Monday in Palermo. It was so sad to say goodbye. President Toranto was like a father figure to me, and always reminded me to just do my very best, and let the Lord do the rest, and to just find JOY in serving the Lord full time during this time on the mission. WE go to Palermo again on Sunday for the formation of the stake. It will be a miracle. We as missionaries here in Italy are part of a fulfillment of prophesy that Lorenzo Snow had when he came in 1850 with the first group of missionaries here in Italy. The church is growing here in Italy!! We will see what happens this Friday, there are going to be some MAJOR changes in this mission right before Pres goes home. We'll see. My comp said in her interview Pres asked her how long she had been in Ragusa! She has only been here 2 transfers, and only has 1 1/2 left, she has this next transfer, and then goes home 3 weeks into the next one, so only 8 weeks left. It is most likely that they will put us into a three-some after this transfer so that I have a companion when she leaves 1/2 way through that next transfer. We will see. Big changes about to come around South Italia.
We are seeing some great progress with Tina Ragusa, our referral from Sorella Micozi. She is feeling more at peace with the discussions than she did the first time she heard them a few years ago. She had a really good experience at church, and the members were great at reaching out and talking to her. We even came to English course and found her in the geneology center doing family history! We had no idea!! In our lesson last night, we read some verses that were truly inspired, in 1 Ne 21: 15-16. We talked about how we really can have a personal relationship with God, and that He knows us individually. The spirit was so strong, and I could see in her eyes that she felt the reality of this truth. We promised her that as she keeps the commitments we give her, she would be ready for baptism, and WANT to move forward.
Viorica our Hungarian investigator is also making progress, piano a piano..We gave her the invitation to pray at home (which has been very difficult for her) but she reported back to us the other day that she prayed, and it is going well for her.
I knew there was a reason for everything before the mission, but I have really learned a lot from the continual occurance of me being put with missionaries who are about to go home. I think The Lord has personally been teaching me to make the absolute MOST of everyday, of every encounter, of every experience. Too get caught up in our weaknesses does NOTHING, and to me, the mission here in Southern Italy is so much more than being THE PERFECT Preach My Gospel Missionary, because that will just never happen. But for me, the motivation is to LOVE the people, and SERVE them, and do my very best. Its all I can do. I cannot ever be the perfect missionary, but I feel the Lord truly appreciates my best.
ps. I had an incredible experience the other night when we had about 45 minutes left befoer going home. We had some stuff fall through, and didnt know what to do. We said sort of a prayer of desperation if you will, out loud as we were walking towards home. "If there is some one we need to talk to Lord, just put them in our path, because we are out of ideas, and dont have any plans right now." Literally About 15 seconds later I saw a man trying to get a bunch of shoe boxes out of his car, so, I offered to help him, (people almost ALWAYS refuse the help) but he LET us help him. Turns out, he has the Book of Mormon, has read the whole thing, and loves it! He had lost the time to meet with the missionaries after taking a few other jobs, but agreed to meet with us if we passed by his store. It truly was a miracle! Cant believe that people can deny that God exists! He so does.
I love how everywhere we go people are "Siete le belle ragazze!" Basically, you are beautiful! I always am like wait, what? I havent showered in two days, I smell horrible from climbing these hills, and I have a terribly un-flattering outfit on! But, thanks I guess? Its wierd.
I love you all, please pray. They mean a lot. I love the Lord, and am grateful for His extreme mercy towards us, just little servants with a bunch of "puny arms". (just finished memorizing DC 121:33-46, a special challenge from President Toranto this last transfer) WE have these tiny little shoulders to carry forth a work that is way too big for us to carry alone, so let the Lord help you in your missionary efforts. We can do miracles with faith. I constantly plead for more faith, because without it, we are toast!
Love you all.
Con molto affeto e gratitudine,
MONICA
...Sorella Miller

No comments:
Post a Comment