Wednesday, August 18, 2010

August 18, 2010

Subject: another one bites the dust

Ciao Ciao Famiglia!e NO TIME TO WRITE IM SO SORRY. I am just going to cut and paste some of my presidents letter in this for you. Haven't even read all of the emails you sent me. Sorella Foote and I take Sorella Smith to Catania right now, then she takes an overnight train to Rome, on her way home, so i will read your letters on the way to Catania…
We had a beautiful Baptism this week!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anna Frasca was Baptised on Friday and there were many non-members there. We were able to use the opportunity to invite several investigators, including Rita (African), and the Maloku family (Albanian) We were able to have both of them come, and it opened up many doors to talk about Baptism with them. Rita now has a Baptismal date for September 17th. The invitation for her to be baptised was one of the most spiritual experiences on my mission. After the notification that we should now be doing monthly Baptismal goals, I felt impressed that we needed to be more bold with all of our investigators about Baptism. Rita has such a strong desire to follow Jesus Christ. She had an experience about two years ago when she was on her way to Sicily from Africa. She was pregnant and the boat tipped over. She was there in the water, not knowing whether she would live or die. She made a promise with God in that moment that if she lived, she would dedicate the rest of her life to serving God, and observing his commandments. When we invited her to follow Jesus Christ's example and be baptised with the correct authority, tears filled her eyes and she willingly and anxiously accepted. How blessed we are to find these people who the Lord truly prepares, and then puts in our path! Rita is reading the Book of Mormon, and we are seeing her almost daily. She is consistently coming to church. It is beautiful to see her tell us "I know that God sent you people to me to help me be baptised and follow God. I feel so happy. I don't know why. I have no work, and no money, but i am so happy!"
The Maloku family is also progressing towards baptism. They are coming to church almost every week, and we are having frequent contact with them. We were able to do a lesson with Anziano Rrokaj who is Albanian, and "connect the dots" if you will, of all the things we have been teaching them for the last few months. Wow. it was such a beautiful sight as we were all there together, Moniola (the mom) Klaudio (the Dad) and their three sons Alejandro, Elvis, and Angelo. They are incredible. We are trying to get them to pray specifically about Baptism, because we weren't able to fix a set Baptismal invite with them when we invited them to be baptised. Klaudio has a struggle of smoking. life is very difficult for them in these days since both of them are without work. For him smoking makes him "feel better" He was willing to try and quit, and Moniola was very supportive of the idea of living in accordance with the Word of Wisdom, I think they are just a little scared to move forward because of how difficult life is for them in this moment. However, they feel and recognize the Spirit, and feel really good whenever they come to church or read the Book of Mormon.
   I have been feeling a bit trunky ha cant lie. Even though I love being a missionary, there have been lots of distractions for the last 3 transfers wow. But, know that I see Gods goodness every day. I have come to see how I fall short every single day, but God knows our desires to serve him, and despite these weaknesses, he has never once punished me, only showered me with tender mercies!!!!!! I love the mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love you all,
vi voglio Bene,
MONICA
...Sorella Miller
 

No comments:

Post a Comment