Ciao FAmiglia,
Well, this has been a wonderful week. We eat so fresh here. Salads and fruit. its great- Its not TOO unbearably hot, we really are blessed in that fact. We have AC but they don't like us to use it because its expensive, we usually sleep with the door a little open.
We found a new investigator this week. Her name is Silvana. Has three kids, and also a brother who we are teaching. She just wants some serenity in her life, the gospel can give us that. Not that life becomes a piece of cake, but it sure gives us a whole lot of hope when it gets rough.
I love the mission. Every day is a beautiful experience. I love reading the book of Mormon to people right on the street. We started teaching two women from Africa this week. Rita and Eunice. They have stories you won't believe. Like traveling through deserts, and then collapsing and then gaining consciousness after days spending months in prison etc. Life is rough for most people. What a blessing it is to have the gospel and the perspective it gives us. I just love it. I love the opportunity to serve God. We get so much more from him than we deserve.
The experiences where I see God guiding us never cease. HE puts people in our path. Amazing people, many of them wonderful, but so confused with the doctrine that they DO have. I love seeing light coming into their eyes when something clicks for them. Its just sad to see that light, and then see them reject hearing more, because they don't want to make commitments to anything. What good does our "own path" do for us? IF God is one, how could we think we know better than He? I don't get it. Well, I don't get them. I get it! I get it more every time I testify to someone else. How grateful I am for the opportunity to do that. I love being a missionary. Its so strange, but I love it so much. Haha its just a blast. Even when I RUN after people after they pass us on the street, I run back, they reject me (the message) it doesn't mean God didn't want me to talk to them. I love how strong my faith has become. I love it love it. I love you all
TI VOGLIO BENE!!!
-un abbraccio,
-Monica
...Sorella Miller
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment