Ciao Ciao Famiglia Mia,
Well, this week has been crazy busy, in trying to get this Baptism organized! Giacomo will be getting baptised on Sunday night. We had a sweet experience two nights ago with them talking about Tithing. They have some serious economic problems right now, and he totally accepted tithing as an opportunity to put it all in the Lords hands, and put him to the test by paying tithing. He also has quit smoking. I would have never believed that someone could quit smoking in two weeks, or one even if I hadn't come on a mission. I know that we truly do see miracles when we have faith in the Lord!!!! That night we had the lesson on tithing, the Bishop came with us. While he was waiting outside their apartment, for Giacomo to get home he apparently received a phone call, of a woman from his work telling him that there was an opening for a young man to do a job at her work. During the lesson, the bishop shared this experience, right after we had testified that the Lord would open up the window of heaven and pour out blessings on their family. We were unaware of this phone call that he had received, and during the lesson asked their son if he would be interested in taking this job! The Lord is so aware of our every circumstance and need, and he takes care of us when we put our faith in him! Giacomo will be the first, this Sunday evening, and we don't doubt, that Grazia, Aurora, and MIchele their 21 year old son will be soon to follow. Michele their son is seriously making heaps of progress ...oh hey Australia... :) and he is coming to all the lessons now. He is a lot like Giacomo in that he is very receptive to the spirit.
Grazia is still having a hard time receiving an answer to her question of whether she should get baptised, but we need to help her understand that The Lord isn't just going to TELL HER that she needs to be baptised, but she needs to make a decision, then ask if its right. She doesn't quite understand the concept of personal responsibility yet... Pazienza. Little Aurora is just wanting to follow her mom basically, so until her mom feels READY, she wont be either yet.
However, i am so stoked for this baptism. It will be a beautiful day!!!!! Pray that it all goes through. We will do the Baptismal interview in a few minutes, so this letter isn't going to be long. sorry.
Friday we will find out what will happen on the 16th at this conference. I am excited to have Elder Causse here for this conference, it will be a good energizer. We had a bunch of new greenies come into our zone this week. IT gave me a really good needed boost of enthusiasm that I needed. It made me reflect on how I felt at the beginning of my mission. Its so awesome to be here on a mission, I have to enjoy every minute that is left!
This week we taught this kid at the Mostra named Umberto for an hour and gave him a Book of Mormon. He understood everything, and wanted so badly to read the Book of Mormon, I really pray that we see him again this week. We were supposed to go bowling with the young single adults this week. As we were about to get into the car I felt, NO, don't go, waste of time. EVEN THOUGH the leaders wanted us there and there would be other missionaries there, but it was a pretty strong impression, literally AS we were getting in the car. then we instead went and knocked 12 story building and got about 100 doors slammed in our face :) BUT, I felt so much better. Its so weird I think I'm going to be a really socially awkward person when I get home. I feel so weird around young people who are normal, I honestly don't know how I would act if I weren't a missionary its a really strange feeling. I'm a missionary now, and don't know how i will be normal again. I don't like thinking about it.
I love you all and hope this letter finds you well. We are off to this baptismal interview, then the ward Christmas party. Apparently I am playing the piano and am playing for them all to sing Christmas songs too!? I am not sure that I have played the piano in the last 5 years, but yea it should be a jolly time. Today is a fiesta here so everything is closed. PS mom got the ornament. Made me cry. I miss you all so much. i hope to get the other pictures soon ?
I will try to send some pics home this week.
Love,
MONICA
...sorella miller

No comments:
Post a Comment