Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 13, 2009 MTC Week ONE!

"1 Down 8 to go. MTC Week ONE!" "I am so happy to be here. I got here and jumped right in. I cried for about 30 seconds when it first hit me, then that has been it since I got here. I'm too busy about preparing myself to teach Heavenly Fathers children in Italy to think or worry or second guess myself being here. It is the right thing. I was greeted by two other sisters. They are both in my zone and got here 3 weeks ago. They are going to Milan. We took my stuff to our room where we have 4 bunkbeds. 3 Sisters who are all going to Italy.One is technically my companion but I am what is called a "Solo" Sister meaning I'm the only sister in my district. I am with 7 Elders in my district all day and without other sisters. One is from DC area and we have a lot in common, I feel like I've known all of them for months! They are all awesome. One Sister sings opera and is from Alpine, the other was an HS English teacher from AZ.
I wake up at 5:45 for an optional exercise time from 5:45 til 6:30 then we have breakfast at 7. The highlight of my morning time exercise, is the classes they offer to sisters like aerobics and stuff, but they have music that is like cheap karaoke hymns ha ha ha it so funny. My District consists of 7 other Elders who are all awesome. One Elder is from Spain and speaks no English so I translate most of the time for him. I know that I was put in my specific district for a reason, he would be so lost in the language if I couldn't help him. My Branch President asked me to make sure I always sit with him at church to translate, but he learns more and more English every day, he's awesome. Another Elder is from Frankfurt, and he too is so awesome. He speaks pretty good English though but is hilarious! The food is nasty, I pretty much eat salads every day which either consist of bulk amounts of chicken that comes from who knows where, bacon bits, or apples with chucks of cheeses engulfing it. The iceberg lettuce is pretty unsatisfying meal after meal, but I never have time to care! ha ha I have seen a ton of people I know here. My roommate from Spain teaches here, guys from my Colorado home ward and two girls from my ward in Provo. One who teaches here, and one who is in the MTC going to Korea. Its an awesome spirit that is here, it is so involved in the work of sharing the gospel, that is is unlike anything I've ever felt. The language is ......cake. I understand 80-90% when I hear it spoken. I am slowly trying to speak more, I try to talk to everyone in Italian, including Italian Elders here who are from Milan. They laugh because I just start saying whatever I know in Italian, then improvise with spanish, making up random words to fill in the blanks of what I don't know. They say I speak Italian in a Spanish accent. I'm trying, but sometimes the words are so similar its just easy to switch occasional words, but it truly will be a blessing. I'm not worried. I have two teachers here at the MTC of whom switch off, one for 3 hours in the morning and one for 3 at night. They are incredible because they love the Lord and just want you to be the best missionary possible. Very inspirational people. I can bare testimony in Italian, and yesterday I gave the first lesson on the Restoration in more or less....Italian. Broken Italian/Spanish to a fake investigator ( a return missionary who went to Italy volunteer) It was awesome. I taught with another Sorella and the Spirit really testified to me as I listened to her of the Restoration. Bits and pieces of things I never completely understood were witnessed to me as truth. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ. At the end of the first day for a few moments I wondered " What did I get myself into??? the days are just incredibly long and intense amounts of information are crammed in, but I am loving it more and more each day. I've had a hard time sleeping at night because I am so excited to learn that I can';t figure out how to shut my brain off when its time to stop thininking. I love learning and I am soaking it up. This time at the MTC is precious and it is wonderful preparation time. We have one Italian zone so only about 15 missionaries are here at the whole MTC that will go to Italy, quite small. Church on Sunday was great. We have church with our Zone and we all have to prepare a talk each week and be prepared to give it if our Branch pres calls on us at the moment in Sacrament meeting the next week in Italian! WOOOO We have RS separate and we went to music and the spoken word. I'm feeling good about my wardrobe. Oh we had a fireside on Monday where I got called on out of the thousands of missionaries to go up and introduce myself, say what mission I'm going to , where I'm from and something I gave up to go on a mission it was really scary because there were a billion elders staring at me, there really are so few sisters when you are in those groups with all the Elders. Its an awesome feeling though. I forgot to say which mission I'm going to hahah oh well. We return to our rooms at 9:30pm and lights are out at 10:30. Its crazy how busy we stay, but it is seriously such a high. The gospel is true. io so che gesu cristo e vere e che il libro di mormono e vera. lo so che joef smith he restarato il vangelo en questi ultimi giorni per tutti. I love you all please write me. The mission is awesome I haven't second guessed the decision except once the first day. I love it. Its going to be an incredible experience. Arrivedercci Sorella Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment