
"Ciao familglia! I arrived at the mission home sometime yesterday I think I missed the 7th ma..va bene so we were greeted at the airport by the mission president and his wife. Then we went straight to a gelateria. In Catania it is a tradition for the arriving missionaries. It was so incredible. So I started the first day off in the mission with Italian Gelato, and Italian Pizza. My first slice of pizza was also a slice of heaven. The mission home is a beautiful home in Catania with four floors, the bottom floor was the mission office. We then took a walk along the water on a path. It is beautiful here. The Mediterranian Sea it is different than the ocean. It is so calm. There are Christmas lights strung up on most of the streets. It's true that "Sicilian" is a completely different language. There are some Italians who don't even understand the Sicilian, but most who speak Sicilian also can speak Italian. We have a sweet little apartment. My companion Sister Morgan is from LA and we are assigned to the city of Siracusa, it is about 1 1/2 hours south of Catania, Sicily. My collega has been in Sicily her entire mission. Another Anziano who was at the mission home last night told me that Siracusa is one of the highest baptising areas in the mission. Wednesday, after one night in the mission home we took the bus to Siracusa and talked all about the mission. So I hope I can bring some of my exictement to find people. It is beautiful, everything is old and ghetto. There is grafitti all outside our apartment, I love it! Tomorrow we have an appointment with an investigator. I am excited to work hard. The language is crazy but I love just talking to people like I know what they are saying in a nice thick Monica-Italian wannabe accent! I just don't care and am not shy! I am excited to start the real stuff! I know the Lord will qualify me and hopefully I can bring enthusiasm and energy to this city. Exact obedience qualifies me for the Lords help. I love you all.... ci veddiamo"...Sorella Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment