Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1 2009...."The Hour of My Mission is Near"





Wow. Ciao famiglia. Words cannot really describe how i'm feeling right now. "Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come; and your tongue shall be loosed, and you shall declare glad tidings of great joy unto this people" (DC 31:3) The hour of my mission has come, and I feel like I have been waiting sos long for it to come. I feel incredibly humbled to be a representative of our Savior Jesus Christ. That is one thing I keep thinking of. JOY. As I was in the temple today for my last time today, I was reflectign on what the most "joyous moments" in my life have been. Being with my family in the celestial room in the Temple was definitely one of them. FAMILY. Moments I have had here where I have seen the Lord directing me, answering my prayers, that is what joy is. And that is the whole purpose of life. We were created so we could live happy lives. So that Jesus Christ can give us peace during our hard times we go through, not just take away the hard times. But give us joy in a hard world.

Temple today was awesome. I was so sad to leave. I felt overwhelmed with joy. JAcob 5 kept coming to mind. I am comforetd when I read Jacob 5: 16 " adn it came to pass that the Lord of the Vineyard, and also the servant went down into the vineyard to labor." I know that the LOrd will be with me as i depart to this far away place. I sometimes think that becasue Iam now leaving the MTC, that this is it. No more running into teachers I know, no more millions of missionaries i know....Its now finally--ME. ITALIANS. ALONE. But this scripture brings me a lot of peace. I knw the LORds will be with me every step of my mission. And Im so greatefull for that.

Joseph Smith said "The Lord calls us in our weakness but qualifies us for the work." I have been praying with all my heart that because I have worked hard, and given it my all here in the MTC, that the Lord will somehow qualify me for this callign to teach his lost children.

We had an incredible Thanksgiving week with two Apostles. Elder Dallin H. Oaks came on Tuesday to Devotional, and Elder Holland was there on Thanksgiving morning. Wow. It was so incredible. I was able to sit in the front row when Elder OAks was there, and so was my whole district because of Rebecca's Bishop's Father, PResident Beeson, who is in the MTC presidency came and found me and asked me if he could save our district seats. It was so cool! I definitely got a smile and some direct eye-contact with Elder Oaks. Raddd. Elder Oaks had an incredible talk, and one thing he said, was something he said he often has to remind himself of "No good thing goes un-noticed." It was an awesome week full of th spirit.

Travel Plans: hollllla woooo!!! Here they are, and mom I bought a calling card so no worries about that:

we report to the travel office at 4 am Monday morning, we depart SLC at 7 am on Delta flight 1586. We arrive in Atlanta GA at 12:40 pm

We leave GA. at 3:345 pm I WILL PLAN TO CALL AROUND 1:30 pm from Atlanta....during that layoverm or else if I have time Monday morning depending on what time we get to the airport, but I would plan on when im in atlanta on that layover from 12:45 until 3:45. Then we leave atlanta at 3:45 and go to Rome and arrive in Rome at 7:35 am. We leave Rome at 8:55 am (by this point it is now December 8th! haha a whole day of travel, intense!!!!!!) Then we arrive in CATANIA at 10:10 am on December 8th. i am so excited i seriously cannot wait.


Vi voglio bene la mia famiglia dilletta. Io so con tutto di'l mio cuore, che questa chiese ha tutta la verita del mondo, ha tutta la dottrina pura di Cristo. So che L'Espiazione e per ogn'uno di noi, che possiamo svilluppare gli attribute di Gesu, mediante il pentimento. E una cosa bella il piano che Dio ha fato per noi. Il piano della felliccita e un modo che possiamo essere insiegme con le nostre famiglie per l'eternita. Io sso che Joseph Smith ha tradutto questo vangelo, e che e chiara e semplicce. So che Gesu e il Cristo e che la chiesa di Gesu Cristo dei santi degli ultimigiorni e vero. Vi voglio assai!!!!!

i am so humble to be on this mission. I know i am nothing without God. I picture you, my family, on your knees praying for me when I get discouraged, and it gives me hope. I picture my savior, and think of his atonement, and it gives me hope. Please know I love you, and thank you for your prayers. I love the gospel and I love being amissionary. I look forward to heaaring your voices!!! Ci veddiamo! parleremmo pronto!! -Sorella Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment