Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16, 2009 The Hardest, Craziest, Longest, Most Overwhelming, Most emotional, Most Wonderful Week of My Life!

Last Thursday was the first real day, because we arrived on a pday. We Taught English class, which was super fun. I taught the basis class and people love hearing Americans because we can actually speak English. We taught the Last English class until mid-January, but that is apparently a big tool of finding people. We teach twice a week in the church. The church is only about 5 minutes from our apartment. It is freezing in the church. When we are out talking to people, and 90% of the time they don't want to talk about religion, this is a way to keep them as a friend. We teach free English class and they hear a spiritual thought at the end of the class. There were some awesome people there and we've had a lot of investigators come out of these English classes. The language it is crazy. The only way to distinguish between Sicilian and Italian is if it sounds ugly, it's Sicilian, If it's beautiful its Italian! I never understand Sicialian really, It is a complete separate language. On Friday we went to an office on a little island for my collega to get her visa fixed because it was stolen from her. She was feeling a bit under the weather and she was too sick to work anymore so you can imagine I am like this little ball of energy wanting to talk to everyone in sight and we went home and she slept, I just didn't really know what to do with myself. I was pretty much a wreck. The next day her voice was gone and the same thing. Basically my first two days on my mission. I was super frustrated. We are learning to get along and things are on an upward scale of improvement. We have one progressing investigator. Her name is Paula and she has been investigating for about 2 months. She has almost quit smoking, has three kids from three different men.. She has come so far, and her son Lorenzo we are also hoping to get a baptismal date. He is 11. We teach him only on the weekends because he is with his dad for most of the week. She is without work, and doesn't have a lot. We are able to teach and feel the spirit with them. Lorenzo loves reading the Book of Mormon and its incredible when we visit them. We walk pretty much everywhere, its a pretty small city , not really busses. I went on splits with the sisters in Catania today. OK we are getting kicked out of this internet cafe so I'm going to send this . Sorry................."

No comments:

Post a Comment