Good Morning!
Hey everyone, its been a good week this week, we have had some really cool things happen. Hopefully you got the voice recording, I told all these stories in my own words and its probably a lot cooler to just listen, then read it.. But anyways. We called an Ex-Potential investigator fromthe area book last week in hopes of getting maybe an appointment. Her name is Rosa, and itsaid inthe area book that she had met missionaries about two years ago when she was visiting afriend in the hospital. So shockingly she said yes, and we went to track her down. We took our bikes and searched for her for a goodhour, and FINALLY we found her. We werent expecting a lot, because on the phone she just sounded like a sweet lady who maybe was alone and wanted a visit. SO we get there, and she is about 45, has three kids, the youngest is like 17. She was so sweet, and we began the lesson we had planned. As we started teaching, she stopped us, and just said she had to know some things. She first wanted to know why we called her?? And how we got her number. We told her we have a book with all of the contacts that missionaries have talked to in the past and we jsut saw her name and felt we should call her. She said she met the missionaries 2 years ago and they had never cometo see her. She said she had gone to our church a fewtimes, but could never find anyone there...Then she said, she had studied with a few different religions,Jehovahs witness being the main one. She said lately she is just really confused and wants answers. The Bible diesntmake sense to her because there are so many different translations. Sounds golden huh? Yea THEN she tells us that when we called her on the phone,she "felt" something inside her tell her to say yes. We were so excited to see that the Lord really led us to this woman who has truly been prepared to hear this message. We promised her we could answer her questions through the message of the Restoration,and that we have a book that clarifies and sustains the Bible. It was one of those experiences you dream of having as a missionary,and you think will never happen to you. This is the Lord work. no questions asked. She also stopped by the Baptism that was held on Friday for Ebineezer, the Anziani's investigator from Ghana, but unfortunately she had to leave to go to work, but she CAME! For like 5 minutes, we were able to introduce her to a few members and it was a really good 5minutes! She unfortunately took off this week to see her daughter up in Milan,but we weill teach her when she gets back. Pretty rad.
WE also found a golden FAMILY this week when we were doing park. They were just sitting on the bench watching their two little boys play and we went up and started talking to them about families. They were so cool. The husband started telling us how lately he has been really wanting to get connected with God, so he can raise his kids with some sort of "something" to ground them. It was incredible. He said they have never had this "feeling" before, or this need to come to a certainness that there is God until recently...Wow. Yeah, so they were willingly giving us their information and telling us to come over this next week and teach them, that is ALWAYS a goodsign.
We went the last few weeks not having a whole lot of people to teach,and now it seems that the Lord really is putting people in our path. Last week we saw the fruits of the work we have been doing with the members here, we got 7 referrals. That is like UN HEARD OF!!! haha I think we have only gotten like 3 the entire time I have been in SIracusa. we are pretty excited. Tonight we will be at our Bishops house with a girl he has given a Bookof Mormon to and doing a lessonwith her. So excited for what is happening here.
I am really trying to learn Sicilian. It is hard, but I want to learn it so bad. I dont want to be the missionary that tells people "I dont understand Sicilian" Its hard, but I love these people and want to become as Sicilian as I can, seeing that I will probly be here until the mission changes July 1st.
WEekly BiKE HIGHLIGHT= riding around the streets with groceries dangling from handle bars. WOO!!! haha its a blast. we had a little scare where we got seperated on our bikes from each other for like 5 minutes and it was a littlescary haha i dont know what i will do when i dont have a "companiion" after the mission,its scary to be alone!
I love these people somuch. I love the mission. The work is going forward here. WE did splits with the sisters inRagusa this week, 3 hour bus rides are brutal. I love you all, thanks I got the pictures thats always such a highlight. I sent a letter home that should get there today or tomorrow., I love you all and ill talk to you soon, love
Monica

No comments:
Post a Comment