Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31. 2010 Life Is Bella


Subject: life is bella


Ciao famiglia

Mom i have not received the package, and probably wont for another week or so because the mission couple who is in our ward who work at the office, were gone last week, and we have general conference this week. sad. but thanks for your letter!

Dad, thank you so much for your letter. You have no idea how much I needed to hear some of those things that you said to me. I feel so often that I desire to teach with the spirit, but the language creates somewhat of a barrier sometimes. I often feel like I cant express myself the way I could if I were speaking in English, but I know Im capable of doing it.

Sorry I have absolutely no time this week to write a letter, I promise this wont happen again. Today we went to the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life, google it. Taormina. AMAZING.

We are teaching a lady named concitta. we did our 3rd lesson with her this week with the bishops family. She was a referral from them. She is 30, and recently divorced. We watched The Restoration with her, and she told us she got goosebumps, and felt a lot of tranquility, in a time in her life when she just feels a lot of darrkness. It is an honor to be a messenger of true light. I remind myself every day of this, because its not something common.

It dawned on me the reality of our Savior's Atonement this week. What really was the purpose of his ministry? He performed countlesss miracles. He raised people from the dead, He had control over the very waves of the sea, He walked on water. He had to show people that He had the power to do literally anything. When you see His life, you begin to realze how much He VOLUNTARILY sacrificed to Atone for our sins. He loves us.

Im trying to teach more like him. Simply. In ways people understand. I finished the Book of Mormon this week. It truly brings us closer to God.

Jacob 4:10. Allowing our burdens to become blessings. It is humbling. It is so hard, but it is the reason we are here on this earth. not to ask why, but to ask what I can learn from the difficulty.

This week my most embarrassing moment was:

Tetto means roof. Titto means.. shall I say ...google it? haha Yeah, it was just a small group of people who witnessed my small mixup, and we'll just say it provided for a good laugh for everyone. haha

The weather is warming up. Im getting really sad to see sorella morgan leave me in a week or so. she has become an amazingly close friend. Lifelong for sure. I love you all. Joseph Smith is the prophet of the restoration. it all makes too much sense to not be true!!!!!!!!!

I love you all,

-Sorella Miller


No comments:

Post a Comment