Subject: "...I will go and teach the Romans!"
Ciao!
ayyyy famiglia--tutti!
This will be kind of a quick e-mail this week, so ill try to get all the good stuff in here. Happy Bday Dad tomorrow, how old will you be? 57 or 58?...wow. Im glad you got the pics. I'll try to send more when I get a chance. . no mom, I still havent received the package!!! :( I was all stoked to go to Zone Conference, I went straight to the pile of goodies to hand out from the mission home (packages etc...) but I found nothing! Sad. Oh well, I got over it real quick.
Here we go...
So speaking of that, we had Zone conf on Monday up in the sweet city of Messina. It was an inspirational conference, and I truly am grateful for personal revelation. I know that when we diligently prepare, and seek answers to our questions, The Lord answers them.
A major theme of the Conference I picked up on was focusing on having an "eye of faith", as opposed to getting stuck behind negative "mindsets". We read an amazing chapter in Numbers chapter 13. They were all along being led by the Lord, and they were ultimately led to a wonderful place, but they lost the vision that the lord was directing them. They saw giants, and felt like "grasshoppers" Its easy to forget that The Lord is the one that directs this work. Disappointments come more often that not, sometimes it really does seem hard to believe that im doing this right, because sometimes people just peace out right when we get to the good stuff.... But I know it is all about having faith. Faith drives us to act, and we can do miracles with faith. An atheist woman this week we talked to told me --I believe in people, I believe in humanity. i dont belive there is a need for a God." It caused me to go home and wonder, is that really possible to just have "faith." We have to have faith in the Savior Jesus Christ- He is central to our HEavenly fathers beautiful and perfect plan for us. We cant do it alone. We have enough Faith in Christ, to obey what he asks of us. Its not always the easiest, or what we want, but thats why it requires faith.
I would challenge you all to start preparing for General Conference, what an amazing opportunity to hear from Living prophets in these days that speak to us according to what the Lord would have us hear, right here and right now.
Well, we found all these awesome people in the last few weeks, and now we are back down to people avoiding us, and not wanting to talk to us after one lesson. Not sure what happens. Kind of frustrating, especially when we walk out of the lesson thinking it went really well, and then they never answer our calls after that haha well, that is life I guess. PATIENCE. im learning that.
Here are a few scriptures fr you all to ponder on that have struck me lately.
DC 123 13-end. (vs 13 i apply to my shoes. Which are completely and UTTERLY destroyed and "worn out". I will be sure to photograf them haha its pretty funny)
DC 138 56
1 Peter 3:15
Moses 2:41
Tonight we are doing a second appointment with a referral we got from our bishop a few weeks ago. Last wed night we did a lesson at their house, and she realy enjoyed the Restoration. Her name is Concitta, she is recently divorced, and is lacking a lot of hope for a bright looking future. We are excited to leave her with Moroni 7, such a powerful chapter on hope.
This week, on MArch 26th, the Area presidency will be in Salt Lake deciding on whether they will create a stake here in sicily. Our branch will be doing a fast here.
i love you all, I know this gospel is true. i know Christ is our Savior. read the Book of Mormon, pray all the time. Obey the commandments, serve, and we are the most happy. There are a group of about 15 Sicilian men outside this internet point screaming in Sicilian right now. haha. I love these people. I love you all!
-Sorella Miller

No comments:
Post a Comment